Monday, September 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday (3)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"I stood betweem, looking from one to the other: the one who was dressed and coiffed in a way that showed she had every advantage in the world- my beautiful, georgeus mother- and her mirror image, but dressed and coiffed far differently. I can say with near certainty that I am the only child in the world who can claim she was there the first time her mother met her twin."

The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted pg. 7






***********************************************

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at Broke and Bookish Here is what they have to say: Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week List:
TOP TEN BOOKS I’M DYING TO READ
My list on goodreads is 61 books long- and that's just the books I've managed to keep track of. I now there are many, many more that are just waiting to be read, but I forgot to add to my list! So here are my top ten...
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Having now read Clockwork Angel I realize that I've totally missed out on some great books so I'm going back and reading City of Bones and it's sequels. I picked them up from the library today and I can't wait to get started.
2. Iron King by Julie Kagawa: I won Iron Daughter in a contest, so now I'm playing catch up and reading the first book, well, first. I've heard nothing but great stuff about these books.
3. Grace by Elizabeth Scott: I love Scott's books, so I'm really looking forward to reading her latest release!
4. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden: " terrible secret. A terrible fate." is the tagline and I can't wait to get into this book by Jaden.
5. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick: I loved Hush, Hush by Fitzpatrick and I'm dying for the sequel to be in my hands. More Nora and especially more Patch!
6. The Passage by Justin Cronin: This is one of those books I fell like I have to read, unfortunately I'm 47th on the list at the library, so if everyone keeps the book for approx 2 weeks, I'm in for a long wait!
7. The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels: this book looks like a great adventure with just enough of the supernatural to make it interesting.
8. Beautiful Darkness by Margeret Stohl and Kai Garcia: Beautiful Creature was a great book, so I'm looking forward to picking up the sequel.
9. My Big Nose and other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter: I loved Salter's Swoon at Your Own Risk, so I'm eager to read more of her books.
10. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles: I'm a huge fan of Elkeles books and this is the only one I haven't read yet, so it's high on the TBR list!

6 comments:

  1. Nice teaser! I've had The Twin's Daughter on my wishlist for a few weeks now. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing teaser, I would like to know more of the story. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-pretty-little-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser. Here is mine: http://bookbookie.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    Also great list of books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious teaser! My TT from Paranormalcy is here.

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there for The Passage! It's a fantastic read, long but worth it I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read a single one on this list. Interesting.

    Here's my list:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete