Friday, September 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop


This meme is hosted by Crazy for Books, so hop on over her way to see what she is up to!

Here is this weeks question: Do you judge a book by its cover?


Short answer is YES! I think that it's hard not to. Of course, if a book comes on a great recommendation then a bad cover won't stop me from reading it. Still, if I have a whole stack of books sitting on my desk, or if I browsing around the library or bookstore, then a good cover will make all the difference. A great cover can grab your attention and pull you in, it can entice you to read the back cover or front flap, it can make you excited for the book before you even read a single page. So yeah- great covers can make all the difference!

Here are some blogs I found while hopping around last week:


Must Love Books


A Readers Record

9 comments:

  1. It's just the same for me, a good cover does lure you in. Even though it's a bad habit for sometimes you find yourself stuck with a horrible one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the hop! We read a lot of the same books! Oh, and I completely agree with what you said regarding book covers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good book cover can certainly make me pick up a book. Have a grat weekend!

    http://bookspeakblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here via the hop! I agree with you. Covers just seem to be your initial impression of books and we all know how important those are! ;)
    Have a great weekend! Please visit my blog if you have a chance.
    geekonthebrink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by my blog! Im a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I agree. Sometimes no matter how hard we try not to, some kind of judgment is involved with buying books. Hope you enjoy your weekend and I'm a new follower !!
    Here's my Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, just stopping by from the hop and I am your newest follower. I love the look of your blog. Have a great weekend!

    bookbee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do pick up a book because of its cover...not necessarily buy it, but it does make me pick it up and check it out.

    Hopping by.

    Stop by my blog if you like:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by...

    I too pick a book by it's cover...it's hard not to.

    www.dragonflowersandbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete