Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
: Daisy WhitneyPage
: 72But she's gone already and I'd never have the guts to dish right back to her. I'm nothing, helpless. I couldn't say no to Carter, I can't even talk back to Natalie. I reach the quad, then stop for a second, considering where to go. My room, music hall, my next class which doesn't start for forty-five minutes? Somewhere, anywhere but here.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at Broke and Bookish
Here is what they have to say: Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!
This week their looking for the top ten characters (or literary figures) that you'd name your children after.
This one is easy...and hard. I have one kid, a daughter and she was names after a literary charecter, so that one jumps to mind. As do a few other names that were on the short list- beyond that I had to really think. So here goes!
1. Morgan le Fey (multiple Arthurian legends): This one won out in the baby naming game. Obviously we just went with the Morgan part. I love the book The Mists of Avalon especially and the version of Morgan le Fey, spelled Morgaine in this story, is strong and independent and holds her own against just about anyone.
2. Isolde (Tristan and Isolde): I liked the name Isabel, my husband didn't, but we were both down with a cool nickname like Izzy. Isolde was the compromise, which ultimately lost out the equally awesome nickname of Mo.
3. Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice): This is a fairy boring name. It's my middle name, and it's the kiddo's middle name. The fact that it is also Elizabeth Bennet's name makes it infinately cooler.
4. Cinderella (Cinderella): My name is Kate- another boring name. Combine it with the aforementioned boring middle name and you've got a whole bunch of blah going on. When i was a kid I wanted to change my name to Cinderella (no joke) now I see that it a ridiculous name, but I still like the idea of Ella. So ditch the "Cinder" and you've got yourself a perfectly, non-boring, name.
5. Jace (City of Bones): I like this one because it's unique but not so off the wall that the poor kid would get beat up on the playground. This factor was a serious consideration when we came up with names. "Is it beatable?" This name walks the line, and I love it. Plus, I mean, it's Jace :)
6. Josephine (Little Women): Always my favorite of the March girls, Jo has all the characteristics I love. Strong, independent and funny. Plus you can rock the nickname Josie as well.
7. Cabel (Wake Trilogy): In theory I don't like this name. Cabel = Cable. Would I be naming my child after an electricty deliverer? But McMann created such a great character that the name has stolen a spot on this list. I find myself kind of in love with it.
8. Tristan (Tristan and Isolde/Legends of the Fall): Here is the other half of the pair. I've loved the name Tristan since Brad Pitt came riding onto the screen in Legends of the Fall. When I discovered Tristan and Isolde I fell in love with it all over again. We fight over this name, my husband and I. If a boy ever joins the family, the choose-a-name game may get bloody.
9. Logan (Shade): Logan left me with mixed feelings- he was a great guy who also took drugs and died of an OD. But still- he was a great guy. And I love the name- so I'll fogive him his bad behavior.
10. Lyra (His Dark Materials Trilogy): This is another name that I like, but don't like all at once. I love that it's unique and Lyra the character has all the spunk and attitude that I really like. Standing on it's own, without the character to back it up, I'm not sure I would love it as much. Still- it kind of works!