Thursday, September 23, 2010

Banned Book Week Preview


It's just about time for ALA's Banned Book Week, this year it's September 25th- October 2nd, and all around the blogosphere there is some great stuff going on! Here at A Reader's Ramblings I've got some stuff planned. During Bannd Book week I will be featuring several books that I love from the Banned/Challenged book lists (which you can find here) and I'm also having a contest! Here's what I have planned and what books I am featuring:

9/25: My thoughts on Banned Books in general
9/26: It's football Sunday at this house, as much as I loved Banned Books, I'll be watching football and eating all day ;)
9/27: Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George- including thoughts from the author.
9/28: The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney- including thoughts from the author.
9/29: The House of Night novels by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
9/30: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
10/1: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
10/2: Banned Book Week wrap-up and Speak Loudly book drop

Now for the contest! I'll be giving away, to one lucky winner, all 5 books I'm featuring- so you could win Julie of The Wolves, The Face on the Milk Carton, Markes (from The house of Night Series), The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian and Living Dead Girl (Direct from the lovely Elizabeth Scott!). Click here to enter!
I want to here all about what everyone else has planned, so feel free to link to your Banned Book Week posts and events below!

No comments:

Post a Comment