Here is what they have to say: Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!
This week list is all about what books you want to be seen made into a movie (assuming said movie will be covered in awesomesauce and not come from the land of suckville)
1. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg- I love, love, love this book. I think the message is great and the characters are super relatable and... well... fun. I'd love to see it come to life on the big screen.
2. The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder- this is a toss up for me. I love the books, but there are so many places where it could jump the shark and land in cheeseville. Some genre's are better left between the covers, you know? That being said, seeing Valek come to life? It might be worth the risk.
3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver- This is another one that I'd love to see, but which I'd worry might no translate to the big screen. It's such a moving story and they'd really need to capture it all for it to work.
4. The Wake Trilogy by Lisa McMann- this one may be cheating because they are working on it. Still, I want to see Janie and Cable in the flesh on the screen. I'm not even super concerned with the fact that it looks like Miley will be playing Janie. I just want to see McMann's story up there.
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- another bit of a cheat, but I seriously can not wait to see this movie. I'm down with the casting and I'm ready to see where it can go on the big screen- especially interested to see if they can preserve the graphic nature of the books, which really is what makes it so good, and still keep that pg13 rating.
6. The Berrybender Narratives by Larry McMurtry- I love a good western and this series is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if it's big screen movie material, but TNT should get on it and turn it into a mini-series movie!
7. Any Jude Deveraux Book- Have I mentioned my current obsession? I'm seriously addicted to these books right now. I'm reading one a week. how are they not already movies? I mean at the very least Lifetime should be all over this. Or maybe they are (are they? Are the Deveraux movies out there that I'm unaware of? Good gravy this obsession could take over my life...)
8. The Mists of Avalon by Marian Zimmer Bradley- Yes, I know it was already a (TV) movie once. It even starred one of my favorite actresses, Julianna Marguiles. Thing is, the movie resided clearly in the dreaded Suckville. I was so excited and it totally didn't do the book justice. So if someone could just go ahead and give it another try I would really appreciate it.
9. Stolen by Lucy Christopher- Have you read this book yet? If you haven't, go get it. I want to see this movie for one reason only. Australian Outback. Christopher created such a heartbreaking and hopeful story and it starred three characters, Gemma, Ty and the Outback. I want to see that desolate backdrop come to life on the screen. I want to see what Gemma saw and see it the way Ty does. It's not so much a want as a neccessity. This movie must be made.
10. The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander- I'm all over this book this week since I'm participating in the blog tour. Even if it wasn't The Fourth Stall week over here this book would still make my list. It's so funny and there are a lot of interesting and unique charecters in the story that I'd really love to see come to life. From Mac to Vince, from little Fred to big bully Kitten, I want to see these guys take over the screen as they battle for control of the school.
So that's my top ten this week- what books do you want to see take that leap to the big screen?
They're making the Wake trilogy into movie/s??? I am SO excited!ReplyDelete
Can't wait to see the Hunger games too! :)ReplyDelete
Some good ones here and Im looking forward to Wake Series and The Hunger Games.ReplyDelete
I want to read Stolen badly - I also think it'd make a good movie just from knowing the vague story line, without having read it yet.ReplyDelete
Also looking forward to The Hunger Games
I can't wait to see The Hunger Games movie!ReplyDelete
Haha, I enjoyed the Mists of Avalon series, as cheese-tastic as it was. They changed a lot, but I'll be damned if Anjelica Huston as Viviane didn't make up for a lot of it.ReplyDelete
I put the Firebrand on my list. I figure it's probably more likely, given Mists of Avalon has already "had its shot", so to speak. Plus, I'd love to see Bradley's vision of Troy brought to life.
And ugh, Miley. I don't know if I'll even be able to bring myself to see Wake because of her.
I totally agree that Before I Fall would make an awesome movie, sort of a dark Ground Hog day!ReplyDelete
Great list! I think Before I Fall would be a fantastic movie-if it was done right. I think that Hollywood would most likely screw it up. The Lonely Hearts Club would make a cute movie. I hope they'd include tons of Beatles songs on the soundtrack :)ReplyDelete
I'm glad I haven't seen the tele-movie of The Mists of Avalon if it's that crap! I'd love to see that done properly in film as well.ReplyDelete
I'm also looking forward to Hunger Games, but am a bit iffy about it as well. I don't see how they can do it properly with a PG rating, but then again these days kids can watch some shockers that I would never have thought would be appropriate.
Betcha they are working on Hunger Games. Whatta ya bet?ReplyDelete
Here's my post for today's Top Ten Tuesday.
I nearly put Stolen on my list too! It would be such an interesting film :) And The Hunger Games film is(hopefully) going to be awesome! So looking forward to it :)ReplyDelete
I totally agree with the Wake series! I'm not really a fan of Miley but I think those books could be really awesome as a movie.ReplyDelete
Oh I loved The Lonely Hearts Club and I think girls would really like the movie and find it empowering.ReplyDelete
I also put The Hunger Games on my list, even though it's already in the works. I can't wait to see the movie either! I hope it lives up to all of our expectations. :)ReplyDelete
I didn't think about Before I Fall... that could be good. I haven't read the Study series yet, but I want to.ReplyDelete
I have Before I Fall checked out of the library right now. I'll have to bump it up on my 'to read' list after seeing it on your top ten. I am also excited to see The Hunger Games trilogy adapted to the big screen!ReplyDelete
Great list. Thanks for posting!
Grace @ feedingmybookaddiction.blogspot.com
Oh man, I didn't even THINK about Snyder's Study series. That would be SUCH a great movie series! Nice list.ReplyDelete
I would really like to see a good movie version of The Mists of Avalon. Good list!ReplyDelete