Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Blogger Hop


This meme is hosted by Crazy for Books, so hop on over her way to see what she is up to!

Holy smokes it's been awhile since I joined in on one of these! It seems like I miss for one week because of school or work or whatever and then suddenly 3 months (eep!) have passed. Seriously- 3 months exactly. That's a whole lot of blog fail happening. At any rate- it's Spring Break, for this one week I'm free of homework and can have some fun!

Here's this weeks question:
"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"

I almost always have several going. Usually one that is a bit heftier and will take several sittings to get through and then I fly through lighter fair at a rate of about a book every other day- and usually I read the whole book in one sitting. I also usually have one book in the car that is something that can be picked up and put down and not get finished for months- something like a collection of essays or short stories. I think I had a book called Mountain Men in my car for 6 months before I finished it! Right now my longer read is Sherman Alexie's Face (a collection of peotry) and I have a stack of tbr's that I'm working through as well.

I really like reading more then one at a time- it allows you to get sucked in to a really great book when it comes along, but allows you to always have another book to turn to.

How about you- are you a one at a time sort of reader or do you like to multitask?

9 comments:

  1. Hopping by!

    I'm also a multi-book sort of reader, but my split between books is different than yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have multiple books going at one time, too.
    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Hopping through and now following, too. Welcome back to the Hop! :)

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, speed reader! able to read a book in one sitting - I used to do that when I was in gradeschool, but sadly seem to have to lost that ability now :)

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop: 3/18-3/21 post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old follower hopping through for the weekend. I wish I could easily multitask, but I tend to get anxious about the book I'm not reading. I also find it easier to remember points if I only have one book going at a time.

    If you feel like hopping my way, come venture into The Wolf's Den. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower here. I am enjoying the question this week .. Give me so much insight on my fellow bloggers. My answers are http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-friday-follow-friday.html I hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hard time reading more than one book at a time. The only time I can do it is when I'm in school. I'll have the book I'm reading for my current English class and then I'll have my personal read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I usually read multiple books at a time too. Non-fiction can often be slow going, so I'll just read a chapter or so at a time.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippeee for Spring Break! I usually read one at a time. But I read fast, so I can glup down a couple of books a week.

    ReplyDelete