Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Release! The Tender Mercy of Roses by Anna Michaels

The Tender Mercy of Roses
By
: Anna Michaels
Release Date: May 2011
Author Website

Summary
(from book cover):
When the body of rodeo star Pony Jones is discovered in the northern Alabama woods, it is Pony's spirit- invisible to the eye but not to the sixth sense- that helps reveal clues to her murder. Pulled together in a whirlwind mystery of intense emotion and unexpected encounters are her grief-stricken father, Titus, bent on retribution; and Jo Both Dawson, a hard-drinking former detective new to town, who feels an otherworldly connection with the dead woman- and an irresistible compulsion to uncover the truth. What the unlikely partners do find is more shocking then murder itself: long-buried family secrets that will bring them to search their souls for redemption...and tie the three of them closer then they could imagine.

My Ramblings:
I reviewed this book way back in January (see review here)and more recently I re-read it in anticipation of the release. I have to say, I liked it better the second time! This time I felt like I was able to appreciate some of the more subtle moments in the book, where as th first time I was really eager to get to the end to find out how the mystery of the book would be resolved. This time I was able to really just enjoy the journey!

So I have to say HAPPY RELEASE WEEK to Anna Michaels on this great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment