Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Blogger Survey part three


I got this survey (5 parts!) from Eve's Fan Garden, and so far it has been alot of fun to think about the answers and share it with all of you!. And so the survey continues....

22. Favorite genre?
Paranormal, Historical Fiction, Western

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Biographies- I always really enjoy them when I read them, but they are few and far between in the to be read pile.

24. Favorite biography?
Black Elk Speaks

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Yes- I actually just reviewed Style by Lauren Conrad which is kind of a self-help book for those of us that are fashion challenged...

26. Favorite cookbook?
I am a horrible cook, but I'm working on it, and therefore I have a ton of cookbooks...I couldn't tell you what any of them are called, but I have them.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Walking with Grandfather by Joseph Marshall III.

28. Favorite reading snack?
Doritos & Rootbeer. This has been my go-to reading snack since I was about 12 9and possibly before).

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Hmmm... I'd say it's a tie between Linger and Matched. Both were really good books, but they were so hyped that it would be impossible for any book to stand up to that.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I hardly ever read official reviews. I read other book blogs all the time and I'd say probably 80% of the time I agree with what they have to say!

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I think it's hard to give a bad review, but it has to be done. There have been a few books I really disliked and I've said so on my blog- I do try to frame it in a way that makes it clear that the book was just not for me. I think every book has a value to someone out there- and jsut because I didn't like it doesn't neccessarily mean it's a bad book- so I try to keep that in mind when I write a less then favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment