Saturday, December 11, 2010

Book Blogger Survey part duex

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I have to admit, not often. Right now I read mostly YA and historical fiction for the blogs I contribute too and I would say those are pretty much my wheelhouse. Still, everyonce in awhile I'll grab somethign new and have at it!

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
YA and Historical Fiction

13. Can you read on the bus?
I'm not much of a bus rider, so I will substitute car and plane for bus. In that case the answer is yes. As a matter of fact if I'm not focusing on a book or magazine I do get motion sick. So the books really save the day in those situations!

14. Favorite place to read?
Ohhh- Top Ten Tuesday was on this subject this week- I went with Couch, Bathtub, Wyoming and Bed as my top four. Check out the post for why!

15. What is your policy on book lending?
I used to never lend them out, but more recently I've been pretty good about it. To my fellow reviewers at Eve's Fan Garden I have no problem sharing with (so long as they share their books with me)and to my best friend it's easy as she alsways gives them back. However, I did loan a whole stack to a family member 4 months ago and I still haven't seen them back yet, so....

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Always. Unless the book doesn't belong to me, then I go for the bookmark. But my own books I am brutal with. Dog-eared, food smudges, wet spots (see favorite places to read, place two), covers missing. They look like they've been through war after I read them and I LOVE it.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Not really. I don't often stop long enough to take notes when I read. If I want to remember to take something down I make a small fold in the corner of the page so I can find the quote or thought when I'm done reading for the day.

18. Not even with text books?
Not even with text books. I'm more of a notes in a notebook type girl. Lots and lots of notes in a notebook. And the occasional post-it note.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
Elvish...

20. What makes you love a book?
This is a toughie because there are so many different things that can suck me in, but I think the over-riding idea is that it must suck me in. I have to not want to put it down. I know I loved it when I can't stop thinking about it. you also know I love it when I start demanding other people read it as well!

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
I wasn't much of a book pusher until I got involved with TwilightMoms and EFG, where people actually want to hear what I'm reading and if I like it. I'll push a book if it has the qualities of #20.

Stay tuned for more questions coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I read outside of my genre, probably more so now since I'm an author and I beta read for other authors. But to be honest, I always liked various genre.

    ReplyDelete