Sunday, May 23, 2010

In My Mailbox


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. The idea is to share what books you got your hands on in the last week. I'm always amazed and jealous of the take that gets shared over at The Story Siren, and it always means that my personal to read list grows exponentially.

This past week I managed to snag two new books. One I bought at the Rochester Teen Book Fest and one I think I got through Goodreads Firstreads. I say "think" becuase those things come with no letters or anything and I vaguely remember reading about this particular book on Goodreads about a month ago.


The Order of Odd-Fish
by: James Kennedy


JO LAROUCHE HAS lived her 13 years in the California desert with her Aunt Lily, ever since she was dropped on Lily’s doorstep with this note: This is Jo. Please take care of her. But beware. This is a dangerous baby. At Lily’s annual Christmas costume party, a variety of strange events take place that lead Jo and Lily out of California forever—and into the mysterious, strange, fantastical world of Eldritch City. There, Jo learns the scandalous truth about who she is, and she and Lily join the Order of Odd-Fish, a collection of knights who research useless information. Glamorous cockroach butlers, pointless quests, obsolete weapons, and bizarre festivals fill their days, but two villains are controlling their fate. Jo is inching closer and closer to the day when her destiny is fulfilled, and no one in Eldritch City will ever be the same.

The Elvenbane
by: Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey


Two masters of epic fantasy collaborate to create a rousing tale. This is the story of Shana, a halfbreed born of the forbidden union of an Elvenlord father and a human mother. Her exiled mother dead, Shana is rescued and raised by dragons. Reaching adulthood, she explores her magical abilities and ultimately leads a revolt against the decadent elves.

4 comments:

  1. I read The Elvenbane quite a while ago. I do like both Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey. I hope you enjoy it. My IMM is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books, I've never heard of any of these but I love the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the imaginative illustrations on both those covers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look very intriguing! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete