Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gone


GONE
By: Lisa McMann
http://www.lisamcmann.com/

This is the third and final book in this trilogy and for the most part it does not dissapoint. Again, we find our heroine, Janie, dealing with the ramifications of her gift, which is being a dreamcatcher, or one who can enter other people's dreams and help them. Janie's adventure this time doesn't so much put in her dangers way as much as it is an emotional journey as she tries to figure out what to do with the hand she's been dealt. She can stay with Cabel, continue using her talent for the police and be blind in a few years, or she can seclude herself, stop entering dreams and possibly stay normal. She thinks she knows what to do, thinks she has a plan that will keep Cabel happy and herself normal, until her father, who she's never met re-enters her life and suddenly Janie's plan doens't seem so good afterall. Janie must now come to grips with two, very different, possible futures.
Like I mentioned earlier, this book "mostly" doesn't dissapoint. My biggest dissapointment? Not enough! In the earlier books we got a lot of drama and alot of action, this one resolved everything beautifully, but it was lacking is action (which is not a horrible thing!). There also wasn't enough of the struggle between Janie and Cabel for me, he is a great boyfriend and stands by Janie through everything, but I didn't feel like we got to see enough of their relationship. Again, that's not really what this book is about, it's more about Janie and her relationship with herself and her parents, but I still missed Cabel a bit.
Overall, I really loved this book, and absolutely loved this series. When I put Gone down I wans't nearly ready to be done. Here's hoping that McMann isn't quite ready to be done either and we might someday get a little more Janie and Cabel!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your assesment 100%! I wanted more interaction between Janie and Cabel. I understood the need for Janie to be by herself to make her decisions but I missed Cabel.

    I'm hoping for another installment in the series sometime down the road too.

    ReplyDelete