Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine- head to her site to see what everyone else is eagerly awaiting.

It's been a LONG time since I posted a WoW- so long I don't even want to admit to it (it's been 6+ months!). Still, I had a free moment in the midst of this crazy school schedule and there is a book that I am dying to get my hands on and it's taking every ounce of self restraint to wait until tomorrow. This week I'm waiting on Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. Yes, I know it came out yesterday- but tomorrow Maggie is coming to my town and I'll be heading over to the Barnes and Nobles to not only pick the book up, but get it autographed. 

More about Forever...

then.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

Now if Maggie was not coming to town I would have bought this yesterday and this post would probably have been a review. So heads up, I'm hoping to plow through Forever in the next few days and then wallow in the sadness that comes in the ending of a great series. (this + the end of Harry Potter? I'll be a mess, it's guaranteed.)

If you haven't read Maggie's Wolves of Mercy Falls series get on it- it really is beautifully written and amazingly addicting!


1 comment: