Thursday, July 14, 2011

How about a book talk?

That's right, a book talk. This summer, besides indulging in fantasy and magic, I'm also taking 3 (count em' 3) graduate classes at Syracuse University. Life is busy, but a lot of fun. One of my classes is Youth Services in Libraries and Information Centers. Week one? Genre Study. Here in week two? Book talks. A slew of other things as well, but on the assignment front, book talks. I had never done one, so when faced with the task of choosing three books I was at a loss. They had to fit together somehow, be interesting and lend themselves to this format. I was stumped, and then, a bolt of lightning struck (that analogy would be extra awesome if I chose Harry Potter, but I didn't). Fae! That was it. Some of my favorite books in the past year have been ones that deal with Fae. So, without further ado...




So, are you interested? If you are hit up Amazon, the closest indie book shop or the local library and give them a go!

Wings (Aprilynne Pike)
Wondrous Strange (Lesley Livingston)
The Iron King (Julie Kagawa)

No comments:

Post a Comment