Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine
By: Bree Despain
http://www.breedespain.com/

This was a great book. I came into it expecting more of the same YA fare that I've become accustomed to, meaning I was sure I would figure it all out within the first few pages and then spend the rest of the book just enjoying the story. I was wrong, I guessed, changed my mind, rethought it all, and then discovered I was wrong the whole time. Despain takes a format we are becoming familiar with, the supernatural, and twists it around but making the villin the hero and vice versa. I loved the twist because just when you think you have it figured out, she twists it around again. It might seem like it could get confusing, but Despain writes it so that it's easy to follow and enjoy. I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for more from Despain.

No comments:

Post a Comment