* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
"So, this is how it was going to be? Kyle was willing to make this a battle of wits, but clearly Mighty Mike had no withs. He had to resort to swiping the Pants Laser and then throwing punches. Yeah, that was mature. What a baby" Archvillian by Barry Lyga pg 112
I entered to get this book off Lyga's website, even though it's more middle grade then my usual YA. I'm glad I did! It's a totally cute, really funny book and it's only one in a coming series.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at Broke and Bookish Here is what they have to say: Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time..just post what you can!
This week they are looking at Top Ten Fictional Crushes. So in no particular order...
2. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)- he has always been one of my favorite, I love him in the books and in the movies and love that he is surly and arrogant, but is brought to his knees by a smart and strong woman.
3. Tom Sawyer (Mark Twain)- I'm going old school here and listing Tom among my crushes b/c as far as I remember he was my first literary crush. He was a trouble maker and had a great time pulling pranks with Huck (who coincidently I also kind of love)- but he also had a soft spot for Becky Thatcher which was totally endearing.
4. Peeta from the Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)- I'm firmly Team Peeta on this one. He's strong and handsome and willing to do whatever it takes to save Katniss and later, save Panem.
5. Valek from the Study Series (Maria V. Snyder)- He's an assasin. A super sexy, assasin. Enough said.
6 & 7. Edward & Jacob from Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)- I'd be remiss if I left them off. On my first read, I loved Edward. He was mysterious and chivalrous and well, a vampire. Then upon revamps, I found that it was Jacob who I really loved. He is loyal and he allows Bella to take risks. Both guys love her and would die for her, they just show it differently- but both are totally crush-worthy.
8. Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse series (Charlaine Harris)- Tall, blond, frequently naked vampire. Thank goodness for Alexander Skaarsgard.